Effective Date: April 2018
Scherrens Filtertechniek NV is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is protected. This Policy explains the types of personal information we collect and how we use, disclose and protect that information.
The following principles underpin our approach to respecting your privacy:
- We value the trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
- You are entitled to clear information about how we use your personal information. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and whom you should contact if you have any concerns.
Scherrens Filtertechniek NV will not collect nor use your personal information without your consent. In some cases, we will ask for your consent explicitly but, in some cases, we may infer consent from your actions and behavior.
What information do we collect?
We mainly collect information from you directly when you provide us with personal information, e.g. by making a comment or enquiry, or purchasing a product. The types of information we may collect from you directly include your:
- email address
- telephone number
- payment information
- any other person information you voluntary provide to us
We may receive personal information about you from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. This may include information from public databases and information from third parties. The types of personal information that we may collect from such sources include your:
- publicly available information, as permitted by law
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information:
- To contact you regarding products which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
- To provide you with products that you request from us.
Who do we share your personal information with?
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone outside Scherrens Filtertechniek NV. However, we may share your personal information with trusted third parties.
- Third parties required to deliver a product to you, such as transport companies or express services
- ICT – partners
- Law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information.
Storage period for personal data
We store your personal data for the period required to fulfil the applicable legal and regulatory provisions or for another period taking account of our operational needs, such as a sound maintenance of client data, the promotion of relational management and fulfilling legal claims or regulatory requests. The majority of the information on our clients are stored, for example, for the period of the contractual relationship and after the end of that contractual relationship for the period necessary to guarantee the exercise our legal rights or to defend ourselves against legal claims.
When the personal data are no longer required, Scherrens Filtertechniek NV will destroy or delete these in a secure manner.
Safeguarding your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees on a need-to-know basis.
Your privacy rights
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, do not hesitate to contact us.
You have the right to tell us if you:
- don’t want to be contacted in the future by us
- would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you
- would like us to correct, update or delete your personal information in our records.
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information
Scherrens Filtertechniek NV can for various reasons make improvements, additions or changes to this privacy statement. The most up-to-date version can always be viewed on our website.